Each year we need to raise more than $2,000,000 from sponsors and donations to maintain the security of our endangered species and their environment. You have the opportunity to support this programme.
MEIT is a charitable trust and all donations are tax deductible. Donations can be made as:
- a direct credit to our bank account 12-3123-0027696-00, and complete the donation form
- a cheque by mail to Maungatautari Ecological Island Trust, PO Box 476, Cambridge 3450, NEW ZEALAND
However you choose to donate please advise your name, address or supporter number so we can acknowledge your donation and send you a receipt.
We are selling the Entertainment Book for a fundraiser for the Trust. This book is full of vouchers for Restaurants and other activities in the Waikato, Bay of Plenty area and are valid from now until 1 June 2015. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There is more information and a few copies available at the office phone 07 870 5180.
More than 200 community volunteers regularly work hours equivalent to 40 full time employees to help restore Maungatautari; in fact volunteers are integral to the success of the Maungatautari restoration project.
Working with our volunteers is a very rewarding and fun experience. The amount of time you have to give is completely up to you however, you will need to check the days and frequency of each task.
The fence is built, the reintroductions are made, the predators are taken care of, what's left to do? Maintaining a predator-free mountain is a huge and ongoing task and we need to raise more than $2,000,000 annually from sponsors and donations to maintain the security of our endangered species and their environment. You have the opportunity to sponsor this programme. Some of the operations you may be interested in sponsoring include:
- Pest control - baits, traps, pesticides, weedicides, application, monitoring and maintenance operations
- Fence & track maintenance - fencing materials, track metal, culverts, fence alarm system/monitoring, cartage & contractors
- Equipment - vehicles, quad bikes, diggers, chainsaws, operating costs, repairs, maintenance and replacement programmes
- Biodiversity Management - species management and monitoring
- Administration - support staffing, office rents, electricity, phones, postage, printing
We also have a number of new capital infrastructure programmes planned.
Please call our General Manager on 07 870 5180 for further details on sponsorship or email email@example.com.